- Parks & Recreation
- Community Days
Community Days 2022
City Sponsored Schedule of Events
- Children's Pet Parade, 5:30 p.m. located at the Recreation Complex Gymnasium. Bring out the dogs, cats, pigs, chickens, iguanas or whatever -- if it's your pet, it qualifies for the Children's Pet Parade! The Children's Pet Parade, open to kids 15 and younger, is designed as a good-natured competition where pets, with some assistance from their owners, compete in a variety of categories. Award categories are Best Trick, Pet/Owner Look-Alike, and Best Float, Pet Joke (available to kids with or without a pet) can be submitted via video to email@example.com by June 24 and will be posted to the Webster Groves Parks & Recreation Facebook page for voting. Ribbons and prizes, provided by Blue Ribbon Grooming, are awarded to first, second and third places in each category. Participants should pre-register here.
- Family Olympics Pool Party, 8:15 p.m. to 10:15 p.m. located at the Aquatic Center. Be part of the Olympic action! There will be “slight” game modifications for the luge, skeleton, bobsled, biathlon, ski jumping, and snowboarding events, and guess what! You’re already qualified for the finals! There will be an awards ceremony following each event.Fee: $5 at the gate (kids 3 and under free)
- Community Days Parade, 10 a.m. The parade starts at the intersection of Lockwood Avenue & Selma Avenue and ends at Elm & Glendale. To view the parade route, please visit this link. Roads will be closed at 9 a.m. to prepare for the parade so please keep that in mind when planning your morning. You may need to find alternate routes and arrive early. If you are participating in the parade, please visit this link to learn more about the best places for drop-off.
- A first place (Best) and an honorable mention (Outstanding) winner will be awarded in each of the following categories: Children's Entry, Civic Entry, Classic Entry, Commercial Entry, Performing Entry, Visiting Entry, Novelty Unit, Special Judges' Awards (two awards for deserving units that impress the judges for various reasons).
- To view the complete list of parade participants, please click here to view the list and their order. Please remember that the parade is open to anyone who submits an application and attends the safety training. Three years ago, the City reviewed the policies and applications for the parade to ensure they were content-neutral requirements and to ensure that they were reasonably necessary for the organization of the parade itself. Webster Groves does not and may not exclude anyone on the basis of the identity of the group or the principals for which they stand or the content of the message that they promote except under very limited circumstances. The Webster Groves Parade is a publicly funded parade and faces the limitations that any government-sponsored activity would regarding limiting the message of the participants. As a consequence, the City of Webster Groves may not discriminate against those who seek to participate or on the basis of the message that participants seek to express. To do so would be in violation of the First Amendment. For more information, please visit this statement from 2021 from Neil Bruntrager, City Attorney of Webster Groves.
The fireworks show for Community Days is sponsored by Waste Management and through generous donations from area businesses and residents like you. If you would like to help sponsor this event you may click on the Paypal link below and make an online donation. Or if you would prefer you can mail a check to #33 E. Glendale Road, Webster Groves, MO 63119 attn: Fireworks. Thank you for your support!
- Independence Day Fireworks, 9:30 p.m. located at Memorial Field. We have a zone set up around the fireworks for the safety of our community. You will not be able to sit inside of the safety zone, but would be able to view the fireworks safely from anywhere outside of that zone. You can view the safety zone by clicking here. Please wait until the day of the fireworks to reserve your viewing area. Tarps and blankets placed before the show may be removed to preserve the turf and allow for the set-up of events. Removed items may be claimed at the Rec Complex.
- For public safety reasons, the Aquatic Center will be closed the entire day of July 4 to allow for the safe delivery of the fireworks and the set-up.
Lions Club Carnival and BBQ
The Webster Groves Lions Club Carnival and BBQ will take place on the grounds of Eden Seminary (Corner of Lockwood & Bompart) July 1-4, 2022.
July 1: 5 p.m. to 11 p.m. ($25 Wrist Bands from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.)
July 2: 2 p.m. to 11 p.m.
July 3: 2 p.m. to 11 p.m. ($25 Wrist Bands from 5 p.m. to 11 p.m.)
July 4: 11 a.m. to 11 p.m.
- 18 rides, including 2 inflatables
- Two unlimited ride wristband days: Friday, July 1st, and Sunday, July 3rd, For $25, you can ride from 5 p.m to 11 p.m.
- Food offerings include BBQ ribs, rib tips, pork steaks, chicken, bratwurst, burgers, and hotdogs.
- The Lions Club will have a carryout area available as well.
- July 1st – Mindbenders from 6 - 10
- July 2nd – Gary Schoenberger & the Perfect Strangers from 6 - 10
- July 3rd – Off Topic from 6 - 10
- July 4th – Power Play from 6 - 10
- Handicap Parking is on the West parking lot of Eden’s campus for $10.00/car.
- Across the street, at Emmanuel Episcopal Church there is $10.00/car parking available. (Please cross at Lockwood and Bompart intersection).
All parking proceeds go to Webster Groves High School Band-Aides.
For the latest information on the carnival, please visit the Webster Groves Lions Club website.